Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Permanent Full Time - 37 hour week
Acorn is looking to recruit a self-motivated and technically self-sufficient Senior Mechanical Design Engineer for their client, a specialist Automotive and Aerospace Manufacturer based in Bridgend.
Excellent opportunity to join a successful and growing company with progression opportunities for the right candidate.
Purpose of Job:
To support the team in the following areas:
* NPD, New product development driven by company and market requirements
* Mechanical Engineering support for current products and developing solutions for existing manufacturing or operational functions to enhance productivity, reliability and continuity of performance and build.
* Creation of documentation for the release of products to production, including but not limited to BoM, spares list, build instructions and assembly drawings.
* Concept development and evaluation.
Thus providing efficient solutions to the development of processes and products, ranging from small component designs to complex turnkey solutions.
Candidate responsibilities and requirements:
* From a top level brief, and working in collaboration with electrical, controls and software engineers - design solutions for engineering problems.
* Developing a project specification with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines.
* Producing details of specifications and outline designs.
* Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment in accordance with design specifications.
* Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety, reliability and throughput.
* Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs.
* Discussing and solving complex problems with customers, internal departments, sub-contractors and suppliers.
* Experience of previous design work to ensure parts can be manufactured and supplied in a cost effective manner.
* Experience of design for manufacture to ensure design concepts can be consistently manufactured to ensure repeatability of function and operation.
* Assembly of prototypes
* Preparing product documentation for production, service, publications and sales and marketing.
* Ensuring designs conform to international standards and directives.
* Recommending modifications following prototype test results.
* Considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints
* Liaison with suppliers on design interpretation.
* Experienced in design manufacture, assembly and service.
* Undertake any other projects and duties as requested.
* Design robust solutions within a 3D environment, ensuring best practice modelling to minimise waste in the model and eliminate conflicting information between models and drawings.
* Work within ISO 9001 standards. Create engineering drawings conforming to BS8888 and internal company standards for presentation to various suppliers.
* Experience of using Autodesk Inventor for part drawing and assembly creation. Other CAD packages would be considered. (Creo, Solidworks)
* Experience of BoM creation and control within CAD package.
* Experience of Vault or other PLM software.
To apply, please send your CV to Rachel.Sheehy@acornpeople.com
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.