The Wallich are doing something about homelessness in Wales… can you be their next Treasurer?
If you are a qualified accountant and passionate about supporting a pan-Wales charity who set out to get people off the streets; keep people off the streets; and create opportunities for people then let us tell you more…
We believe that everyone deserves the right to a home, but more than that, that everyone deserves the right to feel safe, to feel valued and to feel positive about their future. The third sector is currently facing a number of challenges, with ever increasing demands and resources that don't increase at the same rate. Our board of trustees are a diverse group of experts that help The Wallich remain solvent, compliant, safe and trusted.
The duties of the Treasurer described below are in addition to their duties as Trustee. The role of the Treasurer is to ensure that all the finances and the supporting financial control systems are kept in order. The Treasurer delegates day-to-day financial management to the Director of Finance and the finance team.
* Guiding and advising the board in the approval of budgets, accounts and financial statements, within a relevant financial policy framework.
* As Chair of the Finance and Audit Committee, keeping the Board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities.
* Advising on the financial implications of The Wallich's strategic plans and key assumptions in the delivery plan and annual budget.
* Explaining the accounts to all Board members to enable them to have a clear understanding of the accounts presented at meetings and the implications that they reveal.
* Understanding the accounting procedures and key internal controls to be able to assure the board that the charity's financial integrity is sound.
* Ensuring that a realistic budget is produced which meets The Wallich's needs and that there is an appropriate reserves policy.
* Monitoring The Wallich's income and expenditure position, and presenting reports to the board at least quarterly, in a format accessible to the board members.
* Ensuring that full financial records are kept for all transactions, and that proper financial procedures and controls are in place to safeguard the The Wallich's resources.
* Ensuring that money received is only spent on the purposes for which it was given, and, where required, ensuring that reports and accounts demonstrating this are submitted to funders.
* Ensuring that accounts are prepared at year-end in compliance with the FRS102 SORP Accounting for Charities and making arrangements for them to be audited or independently examined, as required by the Charity Commission.
* Ensure that accepted recommendations of the auditors are implemented and provide financial expertise to the Finance and Audit Committee, if appropriate.
* Ensuring that annual accounts are submitted to the Charity Commission and/or Registrar of Companies, within the deadlines set.
* Presenting the annual accounts at a board meeting and drawing attention to important points in a coherent and understandable way.
* Liaising with the Chief Executive and the Director of Finance about financial matters.
* Scrutiny of the organisational fundraising strategy to raise money for future activities and developments.
* Ensuring that The Wallich has an appropriate investment strategy and that The Wallich investment activities are consistent with the aims and objectives of The Wallich its policies and legal responsibilities.
* Ensuring that equipment and assets are adequately maintained and insured.
* Ensuring The Wallich's compliance with its Data Protection Policy.
Personal Skills and Qualities Required:
* Qualified accountant.
* Some experience or knowledge of charity finance, fundraising and pension schemes.
* The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences.
* Preparedness to make unpopular recommendations to the board.
* Willingness to be available to staff to provide advice and guidance on financial matters.
To hear more and receive a full information pack please apply or contact Pavan Arora at Acorn Recruitment.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.