* Sampling and laboratory testing of various wastes from Redcar site.
* Assisting with compliance of the Environmental permit.
* Effluent treatment plant monitoring.
* Assisting with recording of waste transfer paperwork.
Main activities (main day-to-day activities and the outputs of the role the individual is expected to deliver):
* Ensuring all COSHH information is current and all laboratory operations are carried out safely.
* Ensuring all lab equipment has calibration checks as required by the manufacturer.
* Logging of all samples in the lab receipt area and keeping lab datasheets updated.
* Analysis of samples including waste from Coke Oven Gas Main, soils, vegetation, process liquids and sludge cake from process plant.
* Collation of data for all samples.
* Reporting to appointed responsible person for waste to allow consignment notes to be correctly filled out.
* Keeping lab maintained and ensure a high standard of cleanliness throughout.
Qualifications / experience
* Degree in Chemistry - preferably with a focus on analytical techniques.
* Full driving licence.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Report writing.
* Analytical chemistry - hands on experience of instrumental analysis.
Key relationships (The list of roles the jobholder most frequently interacts with)
* The chemist will report to the Waste site Manager.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.