Digital Design Engineer
Based in Portsmouth
6 Month Contract
37 hrs per week
Salary £38.44 - £50.85 per hour (£38.44 per hour PAYE, £45.00 per hour Deemed Limited, £50.85 per hour Umbrella)
A vacancy for an Electronics Design Engineer has arisen within a Defence & Space Company based in Portsmouth. The successful candidate will join the Earth Observation, Science and Navigation business line (ENS) and will be part of development of new space radar electronics systems for a national programme.
* Parts selection, schematic, design and PCB design support for:
* Development of a charge control circuit for a Power Conditioning Unit for the radar High Power Amplifier.
* Local power conditioning and control elements of three RF modules within the new space radar electronics.
* Participate in hardware testing and debugging.
* Develop and implement verification strategies as necessary to ensure adequate verification and validation of performance.
* Prepare and present oral and written information in clear and concise form for project reviews and customer progress meetings as applicable.
* Degree level in Electrical or Electronic Engineering (or equivalent).
* Heritage and proven track record of successful power condition and control elements design.
* Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary systems engineering environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively in oral and in written form, for presentation internally and to customers.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a basic disclosure certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
* Applications are via: https://www.gov.uk/request-copy-criminal-record at a fee of £23 which will need to be paid by card in full at the end of the application process. The cost of the application is only redeemable from the client once the contractor has started via the expense process.
* A CEST assessment has been carried out for this role and it has been deemed Inside scope of IR35
* A further CEST assessment taking in to account individual contract details will be carried out should a successful candidate choose to operate as Deemed LTD.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.