Acorn Executive Search is working in partnership with Commonwealth Games Wales to appoint new Board Members.
Commonwealth Games Wales (CGW) is the lead body for Commonwealth sport in Wales and our membership is made up of the Governing Bodies in Wales.
Commonwealth Games Wales is responsible for selecting, preparing and leading Team Wales at the Commonwealth Games and the Commonwealth Youth Games. For every Games, we aim to deliver the best prepared team possible, create an inspiring environment and provide strong leadership. We also aim to raise awareness of all Commonwealth through engaging every individual in Wales and Welsh communities across the Commonwealth.
Our mission is to be an athlete centred Commonwealth Games association, to engage and involve every person in Wales and Welsh communities globally.
The role of an Independent Board Member is to strategically lead the organisation in its decision making, supporting our collective desire to see Team Wales thrive, providing positive experiences for all involved.
We are looking for two new Independent Board Members to join us with expertise & skills that will complement existing board members.
We are committed to ensuring a diverse, balanced and inclusive board governs the organisations which reflects and represents the diverse communities we reach. We encourage and welcome applications from all under-represented groups who meet our requirements, we are particularly keen to encourage applicants from diverse ethnic backgrounds to join our board.
We are seeking individuals with a background in high performance sports, major events or a strong commercial expertise. All board members must be aligned to our mission & values with a passion for sport, the commonwealth and an understanding of our social impact.
The board has an essential role of governance and setting the strategic direction of the organisation. A board member is required:
* To ensure the organisation pursues its objects as defined in its Articles
* To contribute actively to the board in giving strategic direction to the organisation setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
* To safeguard the good name and values of the organisation
* To ensure the financial stability of the organisation
Responsibilities of the role
* To act in accordance with the Articles, and to use powers only for the purposes for which they were conferred
* To promote the success of the organisation for the achievement of the objects
* A duty to exercise independent judgement
* A duty to exercise reasonable care, skill and diligence
* A duty to avoid conflicts of interests
* A duty not to accept benefits from third parties
* A duty to declare to the other directors any interest that they have in a proposed transaction or arrangement with the organisation
Full Board recruitment pack available to review please show interest to the ad or contact Paul at Acorn to receive it.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.