A rare opportunity for a Financial Accounting Technician to Join a market leading company in in the heart of Chippenham.
Reports to the Financial Monitoring Operations Manager.
Full-Time, 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
To assist in the assessment of the three Financial Services Networks owned by LSL Property Services Ltd.
This will include:
* New joiners to both networks
* Ongoing monitoring
* Review and assess the personal and business financial profiles of new firms, those with complicated or large company structures, firm principals and advisers where self-employed tax reviews are required.
* Complete referral cases where Executive reviews are required
* Review and approve firm Business Plans and 12 month financial projections in line with current network production and/or contract rates that have been offered.
* Review statutory accounts for a range of company types and sizes
* Ability to review Tax returns, Tax overviews and deferred tax computations
* Ability to complete key work functions of the team as and when required
* Training team in account types, reviews and HMRC requirements while keeping updated with latest rules and regulations
* Provide feedback where required and approve / decline applications - with appropriate referring to senior management for guidance.
*In the absence of the Team Manager / Team Leader, review and prepare allocation of work streams within the team.
* Complete Management Information relevant to financial reviews completed, approved and declined (when needed).
* Maintain and communicate daily updates (working with the Financial Monitoring Team Manager and Head of Broker Services) to relevant networks staff, management and executive teams.
* Keep abreast of internal process, regulatory and/or legislative changes to authorised recruitment procedures.
* Administration Tasks - other duties as required by the Financial Monitoring Operations Manager
Technical Skills / Competencies
* Intermediate IT skills - Microsoft Office Suite
* Advanced understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Excel to include pivot tables and v-look ups
* Strong knowledge of FRS 102 and 105 and how to review both basic and more complex company accounts under each
Knowledge and Expertise (relating to specialist knowledge and expertise required to undertake the role:
* Full working knowledge of internal systems (training provided)
* Proficient user of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
* Knowledge of Financial Conduct Authority authorisation requirements - particularly the Fit and Proper test for Approved Persons in relation to financial soundness would be preferred but not essential as training will be provided.
* Ability to collate and distribute relevant Management Information in the absence of the Financial Monitoring Team Leader (when required).
* Knowledge of the structure, presentation and interpretation of Company/Business Accounts (training will be provided)
Experience, qualifications and other requirements specific to the role
* AAT Qualified or actively studying ACA / ACCA
* GCSE Maths / English (grade C or above)
* Good written and oral communication
* Ability to take ownership for workload and work to set quality and service level agreed standards
* Ability to work well within a team environment
* Requirement to maintain a high degree of confidentiality when dealing with sensitive personal and business data
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.