Acorn Recruitment is seeking a driven and motivated professional to become the Payroll Administrator for our corporate facilities client based in Thornbury, North Bristol. Because of the rural location, your own transport is essential. Our client is offering a basic salary of £25,000 pa
To be considered for this position, you will:
* Have demonstrable experience of performing the payroll operation for large numbers of employees.
* Have experience of working with Sage 50
* Have the ability to problem solve any queries with salary payments and communicate the result in a clear way to the employee concerned.
* Have excellent attention to detail; it is paramount in this position.
* Update portal timesheets for completion by Contract Managers, during the Monthly Payroll
* Check the completed timesheets from Operations Managers
* Maintain active and inactive employee files to ensure that all the paperwork is constantly updated and scan correspondence relating to Payroll, Induction and training records
* To ensure that files on the computer are kept accurately and filed in the necessary areas
* Process monthly Payroll accurately, complying with current Inland Revenue and Home Office Policies
* Check Starter Forms, process through Sage Snowdrop KCS, update the employee register and starter list and scan employee paperwork in line with GDPR
* Update Leavers, process via Inland Revenue and issue P45s
* Check Identification and right to work documentation
* Amend employee Terms and conditions and update on Sage and shared information systems (timesheets, pay-rates, and holiday chart)
* Update and reconcile the monthly wage budget sheet
* Maintain log of work permit / visa expiry dates. Notify Operations Managers when extension paperwork is needed
* Manage recruitment requirements
* Complete DBS Checks as required
* Answer employee queries relating to pay and tax issues
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.