Our client is on the front line of fighting Covid-19 and is proud to be working in collaboration with the Department of Health and Social Care to help the government with their Test, Trace, Protect strategy to support accelerated testing throughout the UK.
Acorn has an opportunity for a Quality Manager to join them in the fight against Covid-19 at a greenfield laboratory based in Newport.
Your primary responsibility will be to establish, implement and ensure the quality management system adhering to the standard requirement of ISO 15189.
You will be part of global quality, regulatory and medical affairs team that drives a culture of quality and ensure the promotion of awareness of customer and regulatory requirements throughout the organisation.
* Ensure the Quality Management System complies with regulatory requirements and corporate policies
* Maintain needed regulatory compliance and certifications (ISO15189)
* Ensure risks are properly managed and change effectiveness assessed
* Review service process quality issues and work with service managers towards improving the quality of services throughout their life cycle
* Organise management and process reviews as well as internal and supplier audits
* Provide training, tools and techniques to enable others to achieve quality standards
* Bachelor's degree in life science, engineering, or other technical discipline.
* Previous experience working in quality in clinical molecular biology or infectious disease testing labs with management experience
* Positive, people-oriented, energetic attitude and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Working knowledge of implementing quality management system under ISO15189 is a must
* Expertise in risk management, root cause investigation, corrective/preventive action, and data analytics practices, tools and principles.
* Experience establishing operational objectives and work plans
* Fixed term contract with competitive remuneration package
* Stimulating role in startup
* Purposeful and inspirational environment
* Access to cutting-edge expertise and solutions contributing to the well being of the local community
* Being part of a highly qualified team that is committed to excellence
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.