Acorn has an opportunity for a Laboratory Technical Assistant based on-site at a pharmaceutical manufacturer in Runcorn.
The Laboratory Technical Administrator is part of our clients Services team, and will be based on-site to deal with vendor management, as well as improve technical and administrative efficiency to increase instrument up-time for their customer, located in Runcorn.
The Laboratory Technical Administrator will provide regular reporting to our client and the customer management team.
* Administration and management of laboratory including arranging engineer induction, escorting on site and Permit to Work.
* To verify calibration, performance checks and repair reports of analytical equipment as part of planned and restorative laboratory vendor activity and complete related documentation and labelling and update of databases.
* To be familiar with the equipment at a level of understanding manufacturer's instructions and pharmacopeia requirements.
* Monthly performance checks.
* To comply with company policies, procedures and standards, cGMP, cGLP, H&S, Regulatory and customer requirements.
* To contribute to the review, improvement and introduction of laboratory processes and systems to support continuous improvement.
* To support completion of laboratory investigations/CAPA closeouts and to support completion of rolling review, ensuring customer targets are adhered to.
* To communicate effectively within the department and with external vendors to ensure continuity of activities.
* Ordering of consumables for site ad hoc as required
* Experience of working with analytical instruments in a laboratory or other regulated environment.
* High level of problem solving skills and able to use a range of structured tools to complement background knowledge.
* Project support experience with proven ability to plan resources and manage priorities and consistently deliver on time.
* A strong communicator with the ability to communicate across equipment vendors and internal customers
* Good administrative skills.IT literate in MS Office.
* Good written English.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.