Job title: Head of Clinical Engineering
Duration: 6 months initially
Salary: £25.00 per hour
* Responsibility for ensuring the operational management of medical engineering services for the organisation and for management of the organisation's Clinical Engineering Services Trust wide, including staff management within the department.
* To ensure an effective and compliant planned preventative and reactive maintenance regimen along with ensuring that all Clinical Engineering assets are kept available. Including confirming any contract work, is carried out to standards and specifications across the whole range of medical devices, and ensure best value for money is achieved.
* Be responsible for the day to day management, service development and Business planning for the engineering service within the Clinical Engineering department.
* Provide expert specialist and professional expertise to other estates staff, senior management of the organisation and external organisations supported by Estates providing specialist advice on a whole range of medical devices technical issues.
* To manage Team Leaders and other professionals for highly specialised mechanical and electronic aspects of medical equipment owned by the trust.
* Managing own workload and that of the Clinical Engineering Department as the professional lead.
* Manage and Organise resources to ensure that medical equipment is effectively and efficiently maintained and that statutory requirements and Codes of Practice are met.
Responsible for Planned Preventative Maintenance and breakdown services for medical equipment within the trust.
* Identify and investigate quality related problems including those, which may occur if preventative action is not taken. Initiate the corrective action required to control, prevent, eliminate or minimise adverse variations in quality standards.
* Take appropriate action on receipt of hazard warning, device information, defect and failure reports from the MHRA in order to safeguard patients and staff and reduce the risk of litigation.
* Able to act independently, guided by own professional judgement when implementing national guidelines and operational policies regarding medical devices.
* To ensure the Quality system is adhered to and to be responsible for its maintenance and development.
* To provide a computer based inventory of medical equipment. Ensure adequate records of equipment history, usage and costs are maintained.
* To assess/evaluate equipment service contracts for inclusion into the workload of the service.
* To present information to senior staff within and outside the Directorate through reports or presentations.
* To be responsible for recruitment, induction, specialist training, and Continued professional development of all staff.
* Undertaking individual performance reviews (IPRs) in accordance with Trust policy for those staff line-managed by the post-holder.
* To attend regional meetings of Chief medical engineers and present information or discuss service development, service problems and supplier difficulties etc.
* To evaluate equipment and to advise on the purchase of Clinical Engineering capital assets for the sections and other groups or individuals within the Trust or other agencies.
* Planning and prioritisation of staff workloads, annual review and business cases for future development of services.
Qualifications and training:
* Minimum Qualification - BEng Hons Electronic Engineering or an equivalent subject.
* Relevant M.Sc, higher degree or equivalent experience or working towards Evidence of continuing education and development.
* Registration as a Clinical Technologist or corporate member of appropriate institution
* Incorporated status with registered Engineering Council UK professional body
* Recognised Management qualification at appropriate level
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply online with your CV attached.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.