Tennis Wales is looking to recruit a voluntary non-executive director to fill a vacant position on our Tennis Wales Board. As part of our new strategy, they are looking for a dynamic, passionate and professional person who can help us achieve the vision of tennis opened up across Wales.
Tennis Wales is the Governing Body of tennis in Wales. The vision is tennis opened up across Wales. They are aiming to grow the game by making it relevant, accessible, welcoming & enjoyable across the country. They've published their strategy from 2020 - 2024 and are collaborating with the LTA, Sport Wales, and partners and sponsors.
The successful applicant will take an active role in the policymaking & strategic development for Tennis Wales at Board level, taking an impartial view and providing independent oversight and challenge. They will provide specialist advice & support using their professional skills to benefit the organisation. Playing an active role on the Board, they will work with other Board members and the CEO to manage Tennis Wales with excellence and deliver our strategy.
This is a non-salaried position. Travel and other reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed for attendance at official meetings and events on behalf of Tennis Wales. The Tennis Wales Board meets five times a year across Wales and there may be other additional activities and working groups. The term of office is for three years initially with a maximum of two, three-year terms.
1. To provide an independent & impartial view of Tennis Wales, offering the Board a different perspective along with guidance on matters of concern.
2. To make an informed contribution to the strategy and objectives of Tennis Wales, offering an independent view to the organisation in an objective & constructive manner.
3. To take shared responsibility for the performance of the organisation, monitoring performance to ensure Tennis Wales achieves its objectives and aims, operating as a high performing organisation.
4. To represent Tennis Wales externally with excellence, promoting the work of the organisation, creating links & introductions to new partners that deliver our strategy.
5. To provide oversight in relation to the finance & risk management of Tennis Wales, offering an independent & impartial view for the Board.
6. To guide and support the Chief Executive and the executive team as requested on strategic projects related to Tennis Wales.
7. To provide specialist and industry leading advice to Tennis Wales that benefits the organisation and delivers our strategy.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
* Experience working at a senior level within an organisation, working at Board level or similar to make strategic decisions.
* Professional qualifications or experience in key business areas for Tennis Wales such as Welsh education system, equality diversity and inclusion.
* Excellent communication skills, working with other Board members, stakeholder, funding partners and colleagues in the organisation.
* An understanding of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of being a company director.
How to Apply
Tennis Wales is an equal opportunities organisation and welcomes applications from all interested individuals.
Please attach a copy of your CV and a covering letter to this platform explaining how you meet the criteria for selection and why you wish to join Tennis Wales.
We also ask that you complete our online Diversity Monitoring Form. https://bit.ly/3n2YzSJ
The deadline for applications is 12noon on Thursday 30th June 2022.
Interview dates for shortlisted candidates will be agreed on an individual basis.
Please note that the successful applicant will be required to complete a Criminal Record Disclosure Form and provide references.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.