Role: Buyer - Hybrid Working
Location: Portsmouth, PO6 4BQ
Contract: Temporary (2 years - maternity leave cover)
Hours: Monday through Thursday, 9:15am to 5pm, and Friday, 9am to 4pm
Acorn by Synergie is seeking a Buyer for a leading, global company in the Life Sciences Industry in Portsmouth, on a temporary basis.
As the Buyer (EMEA), you will work with a cross-functional team (Sales, Supply Chain, Operations and Finance) across Europe to manage the demand/supply of finished goods to EMEA. You will also be driving process improvement in multiple areas such as inventory management and demand/supply management.
* Responsible for the procurement of over 5,000 skus, from outside Europe.
* Monitoring excess inbound stock issues with the plants.
* Reviewing Purchase Reqs and Purchase orders vs. Forecasts and sales orders
* Review exception messages to ensure product is expedited on time/orders cancelled
* Weekly calls with Plants and Customer Service teams to review order backlog and find solutions to procurement risks
* Maintaining close communication with relevant plants to deliver continuous improvement/root cause analysis
* Review inventory levels at the EDC to ensure Customer service level, as well as monitoring slow moving stock
* Monitor Goods in Transit to achieve OTD targets. Working closely with transport/warehouse teams to prioritise goods inwards or obtain freight quotes
* Clearing GR/IR issues
* Liasing with CS/Commercial/Sales, defining their requirements and providing solutions
* Resolving urgent queries in the customer service DB
* Monitoring KPI's and contributing to team Daily Management meetings
* Working actively on continuous improvement projects
* Managing stock movements in SAP (stock allocations/returns/blocking etc) and ensuring regular housekeeping of SAP to ensure accuracy of data
* Cross functional collaboration across all functions/levels within the business
* Finding solutions with plants/CS to achieve revenue targets by month end
* Working collaboratively with Material Master teams and Plants on material extensions/discontinuation/line moves
* Any other duty that be required to support the business
Knowledge & Key Skills:
* Systematic with strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
* Commercial accumen combined with a strong desire to provide customer satisfaction
* Ability to persist through challenges
* Good sense of urgency and ability to prioritise
* Strong ability to follow up on actions
Essential Previous Experience:
* Process improvement
* Experience with SAP (MM and/or PP) advantageous
* Extensive Supply Chain Experience
Interested? If you want to know more, contact Sarah at the Truro office of Acorn on 01872 274 844, or email [email protected]
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.