Salary: £45k + performance incentive scheme + pension & benefits
Contract: Full Time (with flexible working options)
Role based at: Sport Wales, Sophia Gardens, Cardiff, CF11 9SW
Acorn by Synergie is delighted to be working with Welsh Triathlon to appoint their next Chief Executive Officer. The Chief Executive Officer will provide outstanding leadership to their organisation from grassroots, right through to elite performance
Welsh Triathlon works with the other Home Nations of British Triathlon (Triathlon England and Triathlon Scotland), to oversee all aspects of multisport activity within their respective countries. Their vision is to develop a triathlon community that enhances the well-being of current and future generations in Wales.
They are a fast-growing national governing body (NGB) at a time where triathlon's popularity is rapidly increasing both at home and internationally, and where Welsh athletes are achieving international success.
Reporting to the Board and leading the staff team, as well as the contracted and volunteer workforce, this exciting and varied role encompasses everything from the development of participation and grassroots activity, to elite performance at the highest level of the sport.
Principle responsibilities will include but not limited to:
* Deliver the approved strategy in accordance with an agreed implementation plan
* Deliver the key objectives contained in the Welsh Triathlon 2021-2030 strategic plan
* Develop, create and recommend to the Welsh Triathlon Board an annual budget and financial plan.
*Ensure that Welsh Triathlon promotes safe practice and protects everyone in the sport
* Lead the Performance Programme and ensure that agreements between Welsh Triathlon and all delivery partners
* Ensure a strong participation programme in the sport from first taster sessions and junior activity, right through the grassroots pathway to international age group competition
*Provide visible leadership to the sport in Wales including the Governing Body, clubs, events, technical officials, the coaching community, volunteers and participants
* Lead by example, modelling the values and behaviours of the desired culture, ensuring they are embedded throughout the organisation.
* Build and lead an effective management team. Recruit, retain and train an exceptional permanent, contracted and volunteer team to perform the duties of the Governing Body.
Funding the Future:
* Grow membership, events and clubs to ensure long term sustainability of our sport in Wales
* Develop the commercial income of Welsh Triathlon including sponsorship, marketing and commercial partnerships
* Ensure Wales is a destination of choice for major events, through the development and delivery of a long-term events strategy.
Relationships and Sport Policy:
* Develop and maintain strong links with Sport Wales to understand the sporting landscape and ensure that Welsh Triathlon can attract funding
* Build strong relationships with Welsh Government, Welsh Sports Association, Commonwealth Games Council for Wales, Local Authorities, and other Welsh/UK Governing Bodies of Sport
* Ensure a high-performing relationship with British Triathlon (including Triathlon England and Triathlon Scotland).
The ideal candidate will be commercially and financially capable, have experience of sporting standards, effective governance and working with external partners. They will be an inspirational and entrepreneurial leader of people, and able to demonstrate their experience in attracting, retaining and developing exceptional staff to build a cohesive and effective team. As the leader of a small and dynamic organisation they will need the ability to adapt between a hands-on approach, strategic thinking and being an impressive ambassador for Welsh Triathlon and advocate for the benefits of the sport in general. If you believe you have this combination of skills, we would love to hear from you!
Please submit a covering letter and the attached application form to: [email protected]
* Tuesday 6th June 2023
* Interviews: Wednesday 21st June 2023
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.