Acorn by Synergie is currently assisting their Caerphilly based client with their recruitment of a Finance Director. Fantastic opportunity to join an established business.
Finance Director Overview:
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance professional looking for their next step to join an established manufacturing company based in Caerphilly and really make their mark in the business. The successful candidate must be an excellent communicator and influencer and be able to work independently and engage with all departments as needed.
The successful candidate will work closely with the management team and sit on the Board of Directors with the CEO/Chair. It is essential they will have a proven track record in a manufacturing environment.
This role will be hands-on and primarily responsible for the preparation of the monthly management accounts, including the provision of detailed cost and margin analysis by project.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of factory efficiencies and comfortably be able to interrogate figures. The role will be responsible for all aspects of project and inventory accounting and will liaise with all departments within the business.
Responsibilities will include:
* Preparation of monthly management accounts, including detailed analysis of margins by project
* Ensuring robust internal procedures and controls are in place so that cost and inventory data maintained by the business is reliable and accurate
* Month end reconciliations and general ledger entries
* Liaising with auditors and assistance in the preparation of the annual financial statements
* Regular tax filings such as the quarterly VAT return and P11d preparation
* Management of, and accounting for, Fixed Assets
* Reviewing cost centres for profitability such as transport and installation
* Cashflow structuring including equipment finance, leases etc
* P&L budgeting and forecasting
* Cash management including provision of rolling forecasts and credit control
* Oversight of cost estimate and invoice preparation plus establishment of rigorous cost and profitability analysis by customer job
* Ensure that the costing and inventory systems are robust and fit for purpose
* Tax - corporate tax
* Liaising with the bank
* Liaising with Companies House and Co Secretarial
* Managing insurances for the business
* Management of general services to the property, electricity etc.
* Managing the finance team of one other person
* Qualified, ACCA/CIMA or equivalent (at least 3 years post qualification experience).
* Previous experience of working within a manufacturing environment focused on manufacturing product mix analysis, and familiarity with costing concepts and Bill of Material structures. * Experience with capacity linking
* Strong communication skills.
* Strong IT skills with excellent knowledge of excel.
* Self-motivated with an enquiring mind and desire for excellence.
* Able to be both a strategic thinker as well as a hands on accountant
* Previous experience of working with Sage 200;
* Has worked closely with a multi-disciplinary team across all functions within the business (e.g. sales, procurement/production, stores and factory).
* Machine maintenance schedules Person Attributes
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Confident and assertive when needed, strong influencing skills
* Very analytical and structured in approach to work
* Superb organisational skills
* Impeccable attention to detail
* Able to demonstrate absolute discretion and confidentiality
* Proactive and motivated * Ability to manage own workload
* Interest in business generally/commercially aware
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.